July 27, 2014

UBSDA 2014 National Specialty Sweepstakes Judge Andrea Debbins

Andrea writes: Growing up, I always had animals – dogs, cats, guinea pigs, snakes, rats, frogs and even a few tanks of Bettas which my brother and I would breed. It is no wond...er, that as an adult, I would have a life that would revolve around dogs. My first ‘grown-up’ dog was an independent and wickedly smart Samoyed. Through her, I realized I wanted a more devoted breed and also one that was easier to keep clean. My first Tervuren came into my life in 1992 and I never looked back. Tycho wasn’t an easy dog, but he taught me many lessons. My next Tervuren, AKC Ch Revel van het Smetenhof, was my first foray into the show ring – AKC and UKC. Through him, I met many wonderful people in the US and world-wide. In 1996, due to our trips to the ABTC National in Troy, MI and the UBSDA National in Denver, Co, I met two people who would become mentors, friends, co-owners and breeding partners, - Linda Fung (Blackwater) and Carole Corbin (Chimeric) .

In 1999, BIS/BISS AKC/UKC Ch Blackwater Partez at Peloton came into my life and Dash has taken me on a wonderful ride. She has had a wonderful show career, including Best Female/Best of Winners at the UBSDA National in 2002 as well as a long list of AKC wins. Dash was also a wonderful producer with just two litters; her offspring have been extremely successful in both AKC and UKC venues - breed and performance. I have bred a sparingly since my first litter just a little over nine years ago, but I am very proud of the dogs that carry my kennel name Peloton along with those of their co-breeders - Blackwater and Chimeric. And I am thankful to the wonderful people who have our puppies that have been become dear friends.

I currently share my house with Dash and her two daughters Fly and Robbie, our import Grimmendans Finesse and Dash’s granddaughters (when they aren’t vacationing in the South).

I am honored to have been asked to judge Sweepstakes at the 2014 UBSDA National and extend my thanks and best wishes to all the exhibitors.
 
 
courtesy photo & text: UBSDA
 
 
link UBSDA 2014 NATIONAL SPECIALTY : http://www.ubsda.com/2014nationalspecialty.html
 
 
 
 

NEXT EVENT

15 de Dezembro - 2012 - Póvoa de Varzim