October 28, 2012

-Lament of a Stud Dog-

My job is making puppies, and I get two tries at that.
They pat me on the head and say "good boy"--and that's that.
It's half my job to give 'em teeth and toplines, fronts, and other.
Remember, it's only half my job. They also have a mother.

It's not my job to carry pups and make 'em grow and nurse 'em,
And feed and clean and make 'em strong, that's for their mother and a person. It's not my job to wean and feed the calcium and the food.
And stack and gait and housebreak and make 'em a showing brood.

It's not my job to plan the breeding and learn what produces well.
To study pedigrees, learn what's there, and pick out what to sell.
It's not my job to deliver a winner, it's only genes I sell.
But let the puppies turnout bad and guess who catches hell!

-Author Unknown

NEXT EVENT

15 de Dezembro - 2012 - Póvoa de Varzim